By Sandy Leung
Persimmon Garlic Hummus Smoked Cheddar Cheese Salad. San Francisco, CA.
Tired of the same old boring salad? Here is a great salad recipe that I came up with that's fun and easy to make. Try my simple vegetarian fruit and hummus salad recipe below!
SANDY'S RECIPE: PERSIMMON GARLIC HUMMUS SMOKED CHEDDAR CHEESE SALAD
- 1 Persimmon (rinsed & chopped)
- 1 Romaine Lettuce head (rinsed & chopped)
- 1 Tomato (medium-sized, rinsed & chopped)
- 1 Tbsp of Smoked Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 2 Tbsp of Garlic Hummus
- 2 Tbsp of Tessemae's Soy Ginger Dressing OR Balsamic Vinegar
- On a cutting board, chop the Persimmon, Romaine Lettuce and Tomatoes into small bite-size pieces.
- Grate the Cheese with a grater.
- In a salad bowl, add the Lettuce, Tomatoes, Persimmon, Hummus & Cheese.
- Mix well & top with your favorite Salad Dressing.
Sounds easy enough? It's because IT IS!! It fills you up and you feel wonderful after eating it. The Garlic Hummus has a very prominent garlicky flavor that goes well with the lettuce and tomatoes; if you would prefer a slightly less bold flavor, try Plain or Regular Hummus. The persimmons add a nice crunch and textual contrast compared to the soft lettuce and tomatoes. The gentle sweet flavor of the fruit adds to the refreshing salad. The Smoked Cheddar Cheese offers a very bold yet aromatic back palate to the whole salad; you can also try using Regular Cheddar Cheese or your favorite grated cheese. You can also make this salad vegan by omitting the cheese.
Tessemae's Soy Ginger Dressing/Marinade/Dip is my absolute favorite salad dressing; it has a great combination of Ginger and Soy flavor, offering a light yet flavorful dressing. I can literally have this dressing every day and not get sick of it. It also has other uses such as for marinades and dips.
Like this post if you want to see more of my simple homemade recipes! Let me know in the Comments section below whether you have tried making this salad or have tasted a salad that's similar to this one. Enjoy! Oh, I forgot to mention that Yes, that is a heart in the middle of the salad and I cut the small piece of lettuce with precision to achieve that shape. =).
About This Recipe
- TESSEMAE'S SOY GINGER SALAD DRESSING: To learn more about this awesome Salad Dressing, go here. I found that I can only buy it from Whole Paycheck, *ahem* I mean, Whole Foods. =).
About This Food Blog